In this episode of the Smart Community Podcast, Shara Evans (Technologist, Futurist, Keynote Speaker and Self-Proclaimed Sci-Fi Geek) discusses her background, how she transitioned from technologist to futurist, and what sparked her interest in the Smart Community space.
Stephen delivered a White Paper to the Government outlining the issues associated with the financial security for women. You can read the document here: Boosting Economic Security for All Women
Stephen has presented his paper to a Parliamentary Committee and will be continue to advise the government on gender inequality and women’s financial security issues.
This very topical and relevant subject matter makes for a perfect additional Keynote Topic for Stephen in 2019.
Stephen covered the following in the White Paper:
- The gender Pay Gap
- Superannuation Gap
- Child Care Access
- Workforce Participation
- Access to Education
- What can be done at a government level to address these issues?
- What can your business do to be a leader in this vital issue of equity?
- What are other companies doing to detail with economic and financial security for women?
Household spending accounts for over half of the economy – it is an important driver of whether times are good or bad. We consumers are able to shop around and with some significant global retailers ramping up their Australian operations, local retailers are under pressure to compete. Even more important, consumers are limiting new spending because wages growth is weak, household debt is high and wealth is being eroded by house price and stock market weakness.
- Retail spending is weak – consumers are holding back their spending
- Consumers are in trouble with low wages growth, record debt levels, low savings and a sharp loss of wealth as house prices and the stock market falls
- How long will the consumer slump last?
- What is needed to see a turnaround?
- How should retailers react to what are likely to be tough times in 2019?
- What of the role of new international entrants to the retail space?
Housing – what is more important and topical for Australian consumers, investors and policy makers alike. And right now, house prices are falling, eating away at household wealth, risking a period of economic weakness in the year ahead. What’s more, housing construction is on the cusp of a slump, driven by a credit crunch and a free-fall in investor demand. What will drive the housing market over the next few years?
- House prices are falling – Sydney, Melbourne and Perth are all experiencing falls
- How long will it last and where is the bottom?
- What of new housing supply versus new demand?
- Do householders have so much debt that future borrowing will be limited?
- RBA interest rates – what are the effects if they move up or down?
- How are major City Councils and Regional Councils dealing with the housing market?
- Is there a crisis?
- When should I buy? Owner-occupiers versus investors.
How to equip today's students for the future
Students in classrooms today will enter a world very different to the one their teachers and parents have known.
In light of the uncertainty that lies ahead, it is more important than ever that educators keep their finger of the pulse of technological and societal trends in order to help students prepare for them.
In this research-rich & compelling keynote presentation, audiences discover:
- The key social and technology trends that will shape the future including artificial intelligence, robotics and automation
- The skills and competencies that young people will need in order to be future-fit
- Why and how education practices and paradigms must evolve in the coming years
- A range of proven and practical strategies for making classroom learning relevant to the next generation of learners
Audience members will leave this presentation with a clear action plan for engaging today’s students while equipping them for tomorrow.
TEACHING FOR TOMORROW is an ideal stand-alone conference keynote or an extended half or full day program.
The essential guide to understanding and engaging the next generation
No organization or business can afford to ignore Millennials. In addition to being the largest generation in history, they possess over 30% of consumer spending power and make up half of the working population.
Having conducted one the world’s most extensive studies into the defining attitudes and values of Millennials, Michael McQueen has a unique insight into the next generation.
In this high-energy, humorous & compelling keynote presentation, audiences discover:
- The common myths and misconceptions many leaders and businesses believe about millennials (even if they don’t know it)
- The core beliefs, mindsets and expectations of next-generation consumers and employees
- The secret to engaging, persuading and motivating millennials
- A range of proven and practical strategies for being relevant to a younger cohort
Audience members will leave this presentation with a clear action plan for bridging the generation gap and powerfully engaging Millennials as either consumers or employees.
DE-CODING THE MILLENNIAL MINDSET is an ideal stand-alone conference keynote or an extended half or full day program.
The secret to achieving effortless and enduring growth
We all love being on a roll, in the zone and firing on all cylinders – that flow-state sensation where everything just seems to work.
But what happens when the groove becomes a rut, inspiration evaporates or your mojo disappears?
Enduring success and growth for any business today is dependent on building and maintaining unstoppable momentum.
Inspiring keynote presentation, audiences discover:
- The art and science of momentum – where momentum comes from and why it makes all the difference when you’ve got it working for you
- A practical and powerful formula for building momentum individually or in a team
- How to get into a flow state of peak productivity on a daily basis
- The role that focus and consistency play in ensuring a groove doesn’t become a rut over time
Audience members will leave this presentation with a clear action plan for achieving effortless growth and maintaining it over the long haul.
MASTERING THE ART OF MOMENTUM is an ideal stand-alone conference keynote or an extended half or full day program.
How to bullet-proof your business model in turbulent times
Every business and industry today is facing a perfect storm of disruption and upheaval. In the face of the changes ahead, agility and adaptability will be more important than ever. The future success and survival of your organization will rest on the ability to anticipate, prepare for and pre-empt disruption.
In this fast-paced & compelling keynote presentation,
- The 4 forms that disruption will take in the coming decade
- The key technology trends that will shape the future including artificial intelligence, robotics and business automation
- The common culture and mindset traps that will set any organization on a collision course with obsolescence – and how to avoid them
- Proven and practical strategies for staying one step ahead of change and remaining relevant
Audience members will leave this presentation with a clear action plan for navigating disruption and emerging stronger than ever.
Preparing Now for What’s Next is an ideal stand-alone conference keynote or an extended half or full day program.
Adam was outstanding and his presentation was relevant and thought provoking.