With his unique approach, Chris Roebuck has inspired over 17,000 leaders, their teams and organizations in multiple sectors and over 30 countries to understand how they can reach their full potential and be more successful. He shows that simple day to day actions can create great leaders that people want to give their best for.
Chris has been in leadership roles in the military, business and government - and truly understands how ideas must deliver practical success and return on investment. As the Global Head of Leadership at UBS (with over 70,000 staff across 100 countries), Chris implemented the initial precursor of the “I CARE” philosophy with stunning results, transforming organization performance to increase profitability by 235%. Market capitalization rose by 50%, winning numerous awards for both business and leadership and becoming a Harvard Case study on delivering business success through people.
The value, clarity and impact of what Chris says is so powerful that he is one of the few speakers regularly invited to address audiences of military officers who operate at the highest levels of inspirational leadership and effectiveness of delivery in the toughest conditions. They expect the best. One group described Chris as "a fantastic inspirational speaker who gave valuable & unexpected new insights".
Chris has been shortlisted onto HR Most Influential Thinkers list 9 times since 2009, one of the top 5 most frequently listed experts, and is an honorary visiting Professor of Transformational Leadership at Cass Business School. As a published author, his first book was translated into 11 languages and he has been quoted globally in the world's leading business publications. Chris has been a judge for numerous industry awards and has done over 350 TV interviews on leadership and business on BBC, Sky, Bloomberg, CNBC & CNN.
The feedback from our guests afterwards was very positive and I have had several guests on the phone and messenger this morning telling me how much they enjoyed the event.
Kent Business School
Chris was clear, crisp with a superb flow throughout the session. Several senior managers contacted me immediately after and have pledged to action their learning.
Chris was absolutely fantastic, gave plenty of “light bulb” moments and a great deal of food for thought. All in all a really great experience.
Head of Marketing & external communications, Annual leadership conference Vienna
I have read books and listened to talks on leadership over many years but without doubt Chris was the most inspirational and sensible approach that gave absolute clarity.
Commanding Officer, UK Military Hospital Reserve
Chris was fantastic. His down to earth approach really resonated with attendees, who found his session extremely interesting, insightful and inspirational. He contributed greatly to the success of our event.
Event director - 40 top leaders of UK Housing Associations starting on digital transformations
My speaking topics...
I care for Leaders
Be the leader people give their best for
Chris shows how the power of your own experience, confirmed by real-world evidence, psychology, neuroscience and good old common sense creates the secret of success by being the leader people give their best for.
In this session, you learn how to focus on the components of leadership that really delivers success for you, your team and organization – and minimize the time spent on the work that doesn’t perform. This new and unique approach enables and inspires everyone to work together for success.
In this fast-paced and inspirational keynote presentation audiences will learn the following:
- Which parts of their own experience contain the key secrets for greater success
- How to use psychology and neuroscience to get people to increase effort by up to 30%
- How to focus efforts on what matters, to deliver both team objectives and support key organizational objectives.
- How to implement a simple 3 step action plan and ensure it is successful
- Learn Chris' secrets of success from 35 years as a leader in the military, business and government as an executive coach end mentor and Hon Visiting Professor of Transformational Leadership
Audience members will leave this keynote with 3 specific simple practical actions they can implement that will immediately enhance the performance of themselves, their team and wider organization.
I Care for Leaders is proven to deliver greater success for audience members, allowing them to feel more in control of their day to day work life by understanding what really delivers success. When used with leadership teams or at corporate leadership events, this keynote will align audience actions as a whole to key organizational objectives, help break down silos and enable effective partnership working.
I care for HR
Make HR a proactive catalyst for greater success
Chris shows how though the use of proven techniques, psychology, neuroscience, a Harvard Case Study he was involved in and his HR Entrepreneur development of the HR Business Partner model any HR team can implement.
In this session, you will learn the simple steps to be more effective and develop a powerful action plan for success. This new and unique approach enables and inspires everyone to work together for success and enables HR to be seen as the key enabler of that success.
In this fast-paced & inspirational keynote presentation audiences will learn:
- That their experience already contains the key secrets to their own success
- How much greater that impact can be when focused effectively
- How using psychology and neuroscience to be more successful and receive the best from others both personally and across their organizations
- The key benefits of moving from HR Business Partner to becoming a “HR Entrepreneur”
- How to enhance all HR activity and ROI from talent development to performance management
- How to drive HR to become a proactive catalyst for organizational success and build its credibility as a real partner for senior leaders and wider organization
Audience members will leave this keynote with specific simple practical actions they can use immediately to enhance the performance of themselves, their team, the HR function and wider organization.
I Care for HR is proven to deliver subsequent greater success for audience members, their HR teams and functions by being more impactful and business-focused, delivering improved.
I care for Finance & CEOs
Add 10% + on your bottom line for free
Chris shows how any organization has the power to leverage its existing knowledge to add upwards of 10% to your organizations' bottom line for free by getting up to 30% more effort from 60% of staff, serve customers better, innovate better, deliver change and manage risk more effectively.
This proven route to success is based on evidence from around the world, neuroscience, psychology and consumer behavior and leading Case Studies.
In this session, you will learn how this new and unique approach, enabling and inspiring everyone in your team or organization to work together towards success.
In this fast-paced & inspirational keynote presentation audiences will learn:
- That profitability and performance is directly related to employee efforts.
- That your experience already contains the key secrets to your own and organizational success.
- How focused application of this knowledge across the organization via simple day to day actions can deliver significant performance & profitability improvements quickly at no cost.
- That these simple actions have a significantly higher ROI at both operational and strategic level - and how this can be enhanced further via the use of simple psychology and neuroscience.
- Chris' secrets of success as an experienced senior leader, including in a Harvard Case Study demonstrating a clear and simple road map for significant increases in performance and profitability and as Hon Visiting Professor of Transformational Leadership.
- The secrets to success of the top global business leaders who have worked with Chris to identify what really delivers success.
Audience members will leave Chris keynote with specific simple practical actions they can use immediately to enhance the performance & profitability of themselves, their team and wider organization.
I Care for CEOs and Finance professionals gives audience members critical information for success that their professional training and technical experience may not have given them. When used with their leadership teams or at corporate leadership events, it will enable their teams to improve their performance, align their actions to key organizational objectives and break down silos to enable effective partnership working.
I care to drive transformation
Inspire your people to embrace and deliver the new world
Chris shows how change and transformative success can be delivered using proven simple steps based upon a Harvard Case Study on a successful global transformation that Chris developed as a leader.
In this session, you will learn to draw upon your organization's existing knowledge, psychology, neuroscience and consumer behavior.
This new and unique approach will enable and inspire everyone in your team or organization to work together towards success.
In this fast-paced & inspirational keynote presentation audiences will learn :
- That your experience already contains the key secrets to your success.
- How to get the greatest impact from your experience to get the best from people and change mindsets to enable transformation
- How much greater that impact can be if focused correctly
- How you can use psychology and neuroscience to be more successful in planning and delivering transformation.
- Chris' secrets of success from 35 years as a leader in the military, business and government as an executive coach end mentor and Hon Visiting Professor of Transformational Leadership
Audience members will leave this keynote with specific simple practical actions they will take immediately to enhance their own performance as leaders and the successful delivery of change and transformation from small groups to across large global organizations.
I Care to drive transformation is proven to deliver subsequent greater success for audience members by implementing change at all levels and complexities. When used with leadership teams or at corporate leadership events, it will help wider groups use the same steps of support to create successful transformation across an entire organization.
Critical Neuroscience Secrets for Leaders
Ever since the industrial revolution, we have run our organizations and lives on what we thought was the best logical processes to deliver success. We have assumed that by making ourselves think, work and live within this logical framework was how to get the best from ourselves and our brains. However, in the last few years discoveries from neuroscience now tell us by doing this we have restricted the potential of our brain-power and made our lives more difficult and less enjoyable.
In this powerful and revealing keynote, Chris distills the mass of complex new neuroscience discoveries into a few critical pointers you need to know so you can immediately unleash the full power of your own brain and go and get the best from yourself and people around you to have a more successful working and personal life.
- How your brain works as an "emotional computer" so you can focus it precisely on what needs to be done.
- Manage the limits to your conscious and the overwhelming power of the subconscious and how to use both best.
- How your brain, and other peoples, make decisions without you knowing so you can interact with other people better to get more of the answers you need.
- How to take action to start to change your mindset, habits and actions to make you more successful and have a more enjoyable work and family life.
- As an organizational leader apply all of the above effectively in the work environment to be yourself, your team and your organization more successful.
Building World Class Performance
This core textbook addresses the key issues of how organisations build and develop leadership capability and examines how this ability is a key element in delivering organisational success. Focusing on the behavioural aspects of leadership, it looks at how both individuals and organisations can develop leadership talent, and how leaders can influence and shape the strategic direction of an organisation as a whole. Drawing on case studies from a variety of contexts, and punctuated with questions and activities to encourage reflective learning, the text takes a decision-making approach and looks at how senior leaders come to make and implement decisions that maximise organizational performance.This book is the ideal companion for undergraduate and postgraduate leadership students, as well as practitioners, researchers and scholars in the field.