John Sweeney doesn’t just understand human behavior; he has been changing human behavior within the biggest businesses in the world for 15 years. Having been trusted by the likes of Microsoft and Target not only can he guarantee tangible shifts in the culture of your teams and performance of your leaders, but his patented methods are backed by years of scientific research.
Owner of America’s oldest comedy theatre, John has been featured across countless media platforms including Inc and Forbes. He also runs the globally respected training and workshop company ‘Brave New Workshops’ where his team of performers instill the agility and resilience of live ‘improv’ into corporate team across the country.
John’s high octane presentations are consistently rated 10/10 at every conference he speaks at and his humor mixed with clear, actionable tools continues to create waves of change across organizations for years to come.
John brings a rich and high energy perspective on innovation. He has brought great value to a wide-variety of my executive and midlevel audiences over the years. I highly recommend him.
VP and Chief Learning Officer, General Mills
John Sweeney is incredible! His interactive session with our top leaders was the fuel we needed for positive change. I would hire him again in a second.
Dir. of Leadership Development, Ingersoll Rand
He was everything you said and more!
Director of Sales & Marketing - Accor Luxury Apartment Hotels
INCREDIBLE!! I heard from a number of attendees that he was the best presenter they have ever witnessed. He’s incredibly engaging and was perfect for an audience of sales reps.
Sales Training and Operational Effectiveness, ING
You were the best...nailed it. Perfection. Thank YOU!!!
Director of Training and Development, Facebook
The key to any successful business lies in having people that are open to discovering new ideas and that’s what John Sweeney specializes in – implementing tools and practices that create tangible shifts in behavior resulting in a workplace that is not only open to change, but that loves it!
Leaders and teams are often operating from a place of fear when faced with the unknown; whether that’s a fear of change or of failure – in this insightful presentation delegates will learn how to reframe challenges and grow from every ‘bump’ in the road. Tangible takeaways from this keynote include:
- Yes And – simple conversational tools to steer interactions to a powerful place
- On the fly – how each of us can ‘re-frame’ a confronting situation and react perfectly every time
- Listen up – how to actively listen to concerns, questions and moods to identify key behavior drivers
John also specializes in:
- Sales conversations
- Agility in business
- Driving growth through customer care
- Innovation in practice
- Team alignment
Open to Discovery – Building Innovators
"Ideate! Think bigger! Act like an entrepreneur!" Everyone agrees that innovation is crucial for business survival, but the focus is often on systems and processes.
John Sweeney will show you how to grow a culture of innovation by discovering the innovative behaviours needed. With an unparalleled understanding of why we do what we do, John harnesses his 15 years of working with the world’s top corporations to give you tangible tools to tackle the biggest enemy of innovation…FEAR!! Fear of failure is stifling the creative genius locked inside your teams.
With his signature humor and energy John will:
- Show how neuroplasticity is a co-operative component in strengthening creative muscle.
- Demonstrate how to avoid analysis paralysis.
- Share how teams can create a safe open space, where innovation happens.
- Give each attendee 5 behaviors to become world-class innovators.
Story Selling – Getting The Yes… And
Whether you are selling cars, homes or medical equipment there is one thing that will make or break the sale – whether the customer feels involved in the story. More than price and features, emotions and perceived value will determine the decision.
An authority on human behavior, John Sweeney shows how to connect with customers by educating sales teams on how to draw buyers into the story with unrivalled success.
Through well-tested tools such as “The Big 5,” ‘Yes, And,’ and ‘An Attitude of Service’ John will:
- Equip your sales team with the tools to close the sale and upsell based on what the customer really needs.
- Train how to adopt an agile mindset that continues the sales conversation in any situation or objection.
- Give tools to build confidence to use consultative selling skills.
- Provide teams with the ability to elevate their value proposition.
- Demonstrate ways to develop human connections to build deeper sales relationships.
Modeling Behaviors that Matter
Fear is the biggest inhibitor of effective leadership. The more our brain is preoccupied the harder it is to strategize and problem solve and inefficiency and ineffectiveness follows throughout the organization.
With over 15 years experience working with corporate leaders to tackle this problem John Sweeney has developed simple yet efficient tools to improve each leader’s mindset, whilst also influencing the behaviour and performance of their teams.
This transformative session will help leaders re-frame how they tackle every day problems and truly transform their corporate culture.
Key takeaway tools for audience members include:
- Best practices for inspiring high achievement in teams and in individuals
- Simple ways to draw out hidden talent from team members
- The key steps towards driving a culture of self-mastery
- How to master being ‘calm and collected’ when faced with chaos
Building an architecture for change
Change has become a constant in today’s business world, so why are employees and leaders still struggling to embrace it? Because change is uncomfortable, it inspires fear and negativity – the key, to not just surviving but thriving, is to adapt a mindset of discovery. In this dynamic presentation. John applies his in-depth understanding of human behavior to create a culture of Agility in the face of Uncertainty, meaning delegates will walk away seeing change as vital fuel instead of an insurmountable obstacle.
His effective change management tools will:
- Empower managers to create an architecture of change that enables high performers to shine
- Drive a desire within delegates to reach their potential through self- mastery
- Drive clear and thoughtful communication that counteracts uncertainty.
- Expand participants’ mindsets to include the infinite and currently unknown opportunities that change can bring.
Fuelling human innovation in a tech-driven worldMarch 27th 2017
As automation and AI threaten to decimate our workforce, forward-thinking business leaders are looking at ways to maximize the potential of human innovation within the framework of technology. John Sweeney has three actionable tips for businesses looking to innovate in an AI world.
Leadership and the Mindset of DiscoveryNovember 25th 2016
After more than 15 years working with some of the best organizations in the world, John Sweeney recognizes that leadership can be both a blessing and a curse: "Your behavior as a leader has tremendous impact and the way you show up every day is always underpinned by your mindset."
3 Business Lessons from my Life as an Internet SensationApril 13th 2016
John Sweeney is the innovation behavioralist changing the face of business and author of the Innovative Mindset: 5 ways to accelerate breakthroughs. But you may be more familiar with Jiggly Boy - John's invention and larger than life character who is the embodiment of pure innovation in practice, going viral to delight over 150 million times!
The Innovative Mindset
When the curtain goes up, improvisational comedy actors step into their roles as master innovators, working without a script. For the past 15 years, John Sweeney and Elena Imaretska have shared those razor-sharp improv-based behaviors and skills with hundreds of top companies, demonstrating to everyone from CEOs to interns how living in the mindset of discovery can ignite a culture of innovation.