Founder & Group CEO of Karrikins Group, Peter Sheahan is known internationally for his innovative business thinking and thought leadership. With staff in more than 23 cities across 7 countries, he knows firsthand the challenges of growing a business in these rapidly-changing times.
Peter has advised leaders from companies as diverse as Apple, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, Hyundai, IBM, Pfizer, Wells Fargo, and Cardinal Health. He is the author of 7 international titles, including Flip, Generation Y, Making it Happen, and recently released Matter.
Peter has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to over 500,000 people in 20 different countries. He has been named one of the 25 Most Influential Speakers in the World by the National Speakers Association and is the youngest person ever to be inducted into their industry Hall of Fame.
Peter, you amaze me. Your ability and willingness to customize material that resonates with audiences and reinforces brand goals is incredible. Your performance for my client last week was right on target, and the material was 90 per cent new from the material you used with another of my clients just ten months ago
CEO, Counterpoint, Inc.
Peter can be relied upon to deliver genuine insight that moves his audience to action. These are exciting, and of course challenging times. Peter is just the right kind of thinker to help organizations profit from the opportunities which inevitably arise in such a turbulent economic environment."
Communications & Development Director, Cisco Systems, Inc
Peter Sheahan is one of the best presenters to a business audience I have ever seen. He is a master of his topic and he delivers his presentation with great style and passion, captivating the entire audience with excellent humor, appropriate anecdotes, memorable metaphors and authentic sense of purpose."
Chairman, Merryck & Co
Peter Sheahan is one of those people. Arguably the world leading expert in generational change, I have no hesitation recommending Peter to any organization looking to drive innovation deeper in their company, and wanting to inspire their leaders to think differently and take the necessary risk to future-proof the business."
Senior Vice President, Internal Communications, News Corporation
HOW TO BECOME THE OBVIOUS CHOICE
As the pace of commoditization accelerates and the emergence of technological disruption threatens our existing business models, we must find ways to remain relevant and differentiated in the hearts and minds of our customers! This inspiring, case-study rich session will show you how to find opportunity in disruption to reverse the downward spiral of commoditization and matter more to your customers than your competition. This journey will require that you:
- Understand the difference between value creation and value extraction
- Move towards the very disruption that challenges you and your customers
- Elevate your Impact in the Five Critical Dimensions that clients and customers value most during times of rapid change
- Elevate your Perspective by learning at the ‘Edge of Disruption’ and becoming a thought leader in the business models of tomorrow
- Elevate your Relationships to position you not just as a trusted adviser but as a strategic partner for your customers
- Act in a way worthy of your desired leadership position
Turn challenge into opportunity and disruption into competitive advantage
The fact that the world is changing is not new to anyone. The more important question is, what do we need to do in the face of change? Whether you are dealing with disruptive technology, shifts in customer expectations, or changes in regulation, as a leader you must apply an innovative approach to effectively navigate disruptive forces. In this provocative, research-based session, we will inspire you to:
- Embrace change and break free from thinking that made you successful in the past but could undermine your success in the future
- Re-think competitive advantage and leverage intangibles to manufacture tangible points of difference in your market
- Improve your margins by driving non-sexy innovation and finding new ways to innovate across the value-chain
- Turn chaos into opportunity by leading the market in response to new regulation, customer expectations, and technological disruption
- Take the intelligent risks required to innovate and drive change within your organization and industry
Sustain growth through a culture of innovation, courageous leadership, and aligned individuals
As the cliché suggests, you are either growing or you are dying. But in today’s marketplace, it’s no longer about growing or not. It is about growing faster today than we did yesterday, and doing so in spite of the larger base we now operate. In this engaging, case-study rich session, we will unlock the keys to accelerating growth in your team and your organization in order to:
- Help you understand the difference between arbitrary double-digit growth targets and true ambition
- Define the levers you can pull to create a growth-enabled culture defined by innovation, excellence, and accountability
- Provoke you to reflect on the critical role you play as a leader to unleash the necessary appetite for intelligent risk-taking and action orientation required for growth
- Introduce you to the three critical questions required to ensure market relevance and position your organization for accelerated growth
- Orient your thinking towards alignment and the reduction of friction inside your organization
Matter: Move Beyond The Competition To Become The Obvious ChoiceNovember 24th 2015
Peter Sheahan is a best-selling author and internationally recognised thought leader on innovation and behaviour change. His latest research addresses the burning question posed by leading organisations throughout the world. How do you create a company that matters?
In this video, Pete introduces us to his forthcoming book - Matter: Move beyond the competition, create value and become the obvious choice. This game-changing work provides a workable blueprint to find your edge of disruption and become the obvious choice in the hearts and minds of your customers.
Visiting Australia in 2016, Pete is available to speak across the country from February the 11th - 17th.
Yes People, Business is Personal!May 13th 2011
It is time we got back in touch with the importance of the relationships we have with the customer. Specifically:
• We need to stop seeking cost-savings in ways that damage relationships with the customer
Why Internal Collaboration Is So ImportantFebruary 26th 2011
In this video, you will be pushed from a paradigm of internal competition and control to a paradigm of collaboration. Specifically, we will discuss how:
- As organisations get more sophisticated, we drive our silos deeper
- Innovation in the future is just as likely to come from breaking down the silos internally as it is from building greater depth in the existing silos
- New technology will form the basis for many of the ways we collaborate in the future
The global marketplace is evolving at such a rapid rate that “business as usual” has become a redundant concept. The successful businesses of tomorrow will be built on a platform of courageous leadership, innovation and change. In order to achieve real success, organisations must shift the mindsets of their senior leaders out of the world as it used to exist and into the world as it exists today.
Former Young Entrepreneur of the Year and best-selling author, Peter Sheahan has developed “Flip!” – A proactive future-focussed philosophy that will have you being the force of change in the market and not just responding to the change.
Peter has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to a combined audience of 350,000 people in eight different countries. His impressive array of clients includes Google, News Corp, Coca Cola, L’Oreal and Westpac. In 2006 he was voted the leading keynote speaker in Australia.
The generational divide has led to crippling attrition and low engagement levels for Generation Y employees. Despite employers best efforts young employees continue to hop from job to job, even entire industries in their search for the “perfect job”. Peter Sheahan argues if we are to have any hope retaining and engaging Generation Y in the workplace we need to first understand their needs and motivations.
Peter is a globally recognised expert on Generation Y. His insights into managing generational change influence the strategy of market leading organisations including Google, News Corp, Coca-Cola and Ernst & Young. A Gen Y’er himself, Peter has worked with more than 100,000 members of this generation in workshops, seminars and focus groups. It is this experience, and the collective research he collates from around the world that Peter will draw upon in his presentation today.
A best-selling author, former Young Entrepreneur of the Year and 2006 Keynote Speaker of the Year, Peter has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to a combined audience of 350,000 people in eight different countries.
Making it happen
The world is not short of ideas, but it is short of people who know how to carry them out. "Making It Happen" unravels the process of taking a good idea and turning it into a successful venture. Author Peter Sheahan guides the reader through the five competencies that will enable you to understand and utilize the forces that drive buyers' behaviour, break through mental barriers and effectively position your offer in the market. Whether you are looking to start a business, get promoted or launch a social movement, this book will streamline your thinking so you can finally turn your good ideas into great results.
Companies and people that matter have successfully become the obvious choice in the hearts and minds of their customers, their employees, and their communities. They elevate themselves by consistently finding ways to solve the most pressing needs their markets face. The result? They create more value year after year and build a sustainable, differentiated organization.
In Matter, Peter Sheahan and Julie Williamson show you how to identify the place where you can create the most value—your edge of disruption—at the intersection of old and new, where your existing profits, reach, and reputation enable you to create the markets of the future. This is the place where the most important problems are solved and where the fewest people can solve them. Your edge of disruption is where your opportunity to matter is found.