Shara Evans shows organisations how to take advantage of the opportunities underpinned by emerging technologies. As one of the world’s top female futurists, Shara is one of those rare individuals who merge incredible technical skills with an innate understanding of the social and economic impact of new technologies.
Regarded as a leading expert on emerging technologies, cyber security, digital privacy and the future of health, humanity and work, Shara is regularly featured on broadcast television. She’s appeared on ABC’s Q&A, The Project, Sky News, Weekend Sunrise, Lateline, and more and is routinely interviewed by radio, print and online media.
An accomplished entrepreneur Shara is the founder and CEO of leading technology analyst firm Market Clarity and previously founded Telsyte, a strategic telecommunications and technology consulting group.
As a keynote speaker, Shara Evans weaves a narrative of a near future radically different from our current world… but clearly recognisable as the result of today’s newest technological leaps. By contextualising and humanising the research and technology that will shape the next 10-20 years, Shara assists organisations to create and commercialise the products and services of tomorrow.
Shara’s opening keynote was a fantastic kick off for our Fraud Focus Forum.
Product Manager – Fraud, Veda
Shara has a natural stage presence and great ability to clearly explain complex issues and topics.
Product Development Executive, Congress, CPA Australia
Shara provided a thought provoking and challenging presentation.
Exec Manager Strategic Projects at Commonwealth Bank Group
Shara’s presentation was absolutely brilliant, interesting and engaging. I actually heard gasps in the audience they were so engaged.
Events Lead at Females in IT & Telecommunications
Shara delivered an outstanding keynote address, which since has created a buzz amongst our leaders
Change Coordinator – Strategy & Operations at Telstra
A glimpse into an automated future
Is your business ready for the robot uprising? In the very near future, the shape of our existing workforce will undergo rapid, massive change as automation, robotics and AI make repetitive manual work obsolete. At the same time, only businesses that focus on the creative potential of their human capital, and invest in upskilling and retraining will thrive.
- Learn about the many new jobs of the future
- How to determine if your business is at risk of disruption from automation
- Learn the 6 steps to avoiding a dystopian future
- Which skills to look for in the workforce of the future
- How to leverage your existing workforce with reskiling and retraining.
Robots. Drones. AI. 3D Printing.
Discover new opportunities for your business by harnessing future technology today. With Amazon experimenting in drone delivery, replacement parts being printed and shipped locally for super-fast delivery and robots replacing mundane repetitive roles, there's a new world ripe for the taking with emergent technologies.
In this fascinating and insightful keynote, Shara will:
- Look at the major technology trends that your business can embrace today
- Show how drones, robots, AI and 3D printing can reduce overheads and increase efficiency
- Learn how companies around the world are using tech to innovate for competitive advantage
- Help your organisation understand what technologies will impact your business in the next 3-5 years.
Rethinking the biggest threats of the digital age
Is your business safe from future Cyber threats? What are the new attack vectors that can be used to disrupt your business? Will your IP be vulnerable to infiltration from Malware? Can your clients and staff survive a digital incursion from cyber criminals? What shape will these emergent digital threats take in the next 3-5 years?
Every organisation needs to be prepared for the dangers of the digital age... and for what's to come.
- Discover emergent theats that most organisations aren't prepared for
- The shape of cybersecurity in 2020 and beyond
- What every business owner and CEO needs to know about digital privacy
Better living through technology
Could we live forever with the right technology? If that's possible, how far away is it, and what's our quality of life likely to be like? From miniaturised robot cameras in our bloodstream to remote operations performed by robots, Shara Evans gives audiences a roadmap for the future of health and humanity.
- The technology trends healthcare businesses need to be aware of
- The impact of a healthier, longer living workforce on businesses
- How 3D bio-printing is set to change everything from drug development to limb replacements
- How nanotechnologies and augmentation of our bodies may change what it means to be human
AI + FinTech. Could Blockchain be used to combat Deepfake Videos?April 21st 2018
The world of crypto currency is exciting, fast moving, and still a bit risky in terms of valuation, hacking of digital wallets and exchanges or losing your password (and access to your crypto account). In spite of these risks, early products such as Bitcoin, Ethereum and many other digital currencies are currently being used or trialled around the world.
Who leads in an automated future?March 5th 2018
Two of the major trends shaping the workforce of the future are automation and a workforce that no longer retires at 55.
While it's possible to imagine a dystopian future where our entire world is automated, the reality will be much more complex. Leaders of today will set the tone for our automated future.
Here's my six-point plan for avoiding a dystopian disaster.