With clients including KPMG, Pepsi and Cisco, he has helped some of the world’s most successful brands navigate disruption and maintain momentum.
Michael is a regular commentator on TV and radio and his work has featured in publications ranging from the UK Daily Mail to Medium.com and the Huffington Post. In addition, Michael is a familiar face on the international conference circuit having shared the stage with the likes of Bill Gates, Dr. John Maxwell and Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak.
Michael has spoken to over 500,000 people across 5 continents since 2004, and is known for his engaging, entertaining and practical conference presentations.
Having been formerly named Australia’s Keynote Speaker of the Year, Michael has been inducted into the Professional Speakers Hall of Fame.
The feedback was unbelievably positive and it was by far the best webinar I have ever attended.
Luke Brennan - Konica Minolta
The best generational presentation I've seen.
Marketing Manager, Pepsi
Michael's presentations are entertaining & relevant for all businesses.
Michael has helped our staff develop some powerful new approaches.
Principal, Killara High School
Michael is an incredibly entertaining and thought-provoking speaker.
My speaking topics...
Mastering the art of Changing Minds
We’re told you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink. But what if you could?Although changing people’s minds people has never been easy, it’s never been harder that it is today. Research indicates that while we spend 40% of our professional lives trying to sway the decisions and thinking of others, our persuasive efforts are only successful between 3%-5% of the time.
Drawing on the latest discoveries in neuroscience and behavioral psychology, this high-impact and intensely practical keynote presentation explores:
- Why many of the conventional influence techniques we have been taught are not only ineffective but often counterproductive in modern times.
- Why using logic and evidence to persuade others often backfires, causing people to double down rather than open up.
- Why people are not actually afraid of change - and the surprising truth about what really drives resistance in individuals and teams.
- How to help others embrace new ideas and perspectives while affirming their dignity, agency, and autonomy.
Audience members will leave this keynote presentation with a toolkit of actionable insights for mastering the art of persuasion without resorting to coercion.
The New Now
Preparing for the trends that will dominate a post-COVID world
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen the future arrive well ahead of schedule. As the turmoil subsides and a new era dawns, smart leaders are turning their attention to where opportunity now lies and how to gear up for the future.
In this fast-paced & compelling keynote presentation, audiences will discover:
- The covid-inspired shifts in consumer habits and expectations that are here to stay
- The key ways AI, robotics and virtual/augmented reality have accelerated rapidly during the pandemic and how this offers exciting new possibilities for those that are prepared
- The role that GEN Z are playing in redefining industry norms and how to win in a post-Millennial marketplace
- How to foster engagement, collaboration and culture when leading remote and hybrid teams
Audience members will leave this presentation with a clear and practical game plan for navigating the new now.
The new now is an ideal stand-alone conference keynote or an extended half or full-day program.
Preparing Now for What's Next
How to thrive in an age of uncertainty.
Disruption is something that every organization and leader has experienced at scale in recent years. In the aftermath of one of the most tumultuous chapters in human history, now is the time for audacity, adaptability and agility. Enormous opportunities lie ahead for those that can identify the trends of tomorrow and gear up for them today.
In this fast-paced & compelling keynote presentation, audiences will discover:
- The key trends that will shape the coming decade with a specific focus on the impacts of AI, hybrid work and the metaverse
- The role GEN-Z will play in redefining industry norms and consumer expectations
- The common culture and mindset traps that will set any organization on a collision course with obsolescence – and how to avoid them
- Proven and practical strategies for staying one step ahead of change and remaining relevant.
Audience members will leave this presentation with a clear action plan for navigating disruption and emerging stronger than ever.
Preparing Now For What's Next is an ideal stand-alone conference keynote or an extended half or full-day program.
Mastering the Art of Momentum
The secret to achieving effortless and enduring growth
We all love being on a roll, in the zone and firing on all cylinders – that flow-state sensation where everything just seems to work.
But what happens when the groove becomes a rut, inspiration evaporates or your mojo disappears?
Enduring success and growth for any business today is dependent on building and maintaining unstoppable momentum.
In this inspiring keynote presentation, audiences discover:
- The art and science of momentum – where momentum comes from and why it makes all the difference when you’ve got it working for you
- A practical and powerful formula for building momentum individually or in a team
- How to get into a flow state of peak productivity on a daily basis
- The role that focus and consistency play in ensuring a groove doesn’t become a rut over time
Audience members will leave this presentation with a clear action plan for achieving effortless growth and maintaining it over the long haul.
Mastering the Art of Momentum is an ideal stand-alone conference keynote or an extended half or full day program.
Teaching for Tomorrow
How to equip today's students for the future
Students in classrooms today will enter a world very different to the one their teachers and parents have known.
In light of the uncertainty that lies ahead, it is more important than ever that educators keep their finger on the pulse of technological and societal trends in order to help students prepare for them.
In this practical and highly relevant keynote presentation, audiences will learn:
- The key social and technology trends that will shape the future including artificial intelligence, robotics and automation
- The skills and competencies that young people will need in order to be future-fit
- Why and how education practices and paradigms must evolve in the coming years
- A range of proven and practical strategies for making classroom learning relevant to the next generation of learners
Audience members will leave this presentation with a clear action plan for engaging today’s students while equipping them for tomorrow.
Teaching for Tomorrow is an ideal stand-alone conference keynote or an extended half or full day program.
We’re told you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink.
But what if you could?
Having spent the past two decades helping Fortune 500 brands and leaders embrace the changes they’d rather fight or ignore, Michael McQueen understands what it takes to change even the most stubborn minds. But doing this is getting harder and harder.
Drawing on the latest discoveries in disciplines ranging from neuroscience to behavioral economics, Michael’s newest book Mindstuck offers ground-breaking insights into the psychology of stubbornness and helps readers rediscover the lost art of persuasion without resorting to coercion.
The New Now - Preparing for the 10 Trends that will dominate a post-COVID world
Times of crisis create great opportunity for those that are prepared. In the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, smart leaders recognise that now is the time to gear up for what comes next.
'The New Now' explores the 10 megatrends that will reshape our world, recast our economy and redefine everyday life in ways many of us can scarcely imagine.
"This thought-provoking book offers a lightning-bolt of inspiration for future-proofing any brand. Michael’s insights are super fresh and are the perfect jump start for strategic planning."
- Victoria Brown - Marketing Director, Swarovski
Exposing the 8 megatrends that will dominate the coming decade
What every leader, business and change-maker needs to know about the trends that will shape our world by 2030. Prepare yourself for changes that will redefine life in ways we can scarcely imagine.
Inside Towards 2030, you'll discover the 8 Megatrends that will radically change how we live, work and interact in the coming decade. You'll get a detailed, no-fluff breakdown of the progress and potential of each so you can prepare for what's to come.
The Battle for Hearts and Minds
12 Essentials for Winning in the Trust Economy
This white paper explores the latest research examining 12 practical and proven strategies for building the trust of consumers in an age of cynicism, skepticism and transparency.