With clients including Google, Toyota and Mastercard, he has helped some of the world’s most successful brands navigate uncertainty and stay ahead of the curve.
Michael is a regular commentator on TV and radio and his work has featured in publications ranging from The Guardian to Forbes and CNN.
In addition, Michael is a familiar face on the international conference circuit having shared the stage with the likes of Bill Gates, Mel Robbins and Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak.
Michael has spoken to over 500,000 people across 5 continents since 2004 and is known for his engaging, entertaining and practical conference presentations.
Having been formerly named Australia’s Keynote Speaker of the Year, Michael was inducted into the Professional Speakers Hall of Fame.
Michael was a standout presenter at our conference and continues to receive positive feedback, easily capturing the attention of the audience with his insight into human nature.
Executive Manager, Agency Practice
Michael was amazing! He was definitely a standout of the day and we received wonderful feedback from delegates. In addition, from an organisers perspective, he was so lovely and easy to work with.
Events and Education Manager at APPA
The ultimate professional! Very engaging, interesting and delivers his message in a very professional manner. Michael had to tailor his delivery to meet our tight schedule. He did so without missing a beat - and he rated highly in our post conference critique!
Golf Management Australia
Michael was fantastic. Exactly what we were after!
College of Business RMIT University
Michael has helped our staff develop some powerful new approaches.
Principal, Killara High School
My speaking topics...
Mastering the art of Changing Minds
We’re told you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink. But what if you could? Although changing people’s minds people has never been easy, it’s never been harder than it is today. Research indicates that while we spend 40% of our professional lives trying to sway the decisions and thinking of others, our persuasive efforts are only successful between 3%-5% of the time
Drawing on the latest discoveries in neuroscience and behavioural psychology, this high-impact and intensely practical keynote presentation explores:
- Why many of the conventional INFLUENCE TECHNIQUES we have been taught are not only ineffective but often COUNTERPRODUCTIVE in modern times.
- Why using LOGIC and EVIDENCE to persuade others often backfires, causing people to DOUBLE DOWN rather than open up.
- Why people are NOT actually AFRAID OF CHANGE - and the surprising truth about what really drives RESISTANCE in individuals and teams.
- How to help others embrace NEW IDEAS and PERSPECTIVES while affirming their DIGNITY, AGENCY, and AUTONOMY.
Audience members will leave this keynote presentation with a toolkit of actionable insights for mastering the art of persuasion without resorting to coercion.
Preparing Now for What's Next
How to thrive in an age of uncertainty.
It’s been rightly said that the pace of change has never been this fast, but it will never again be this slow. We are living in a transformative era and smart leaders know that now is the time for audacity, adaptability, and agility.
Enormous opportunities lie ahead for those who can identify the trends of tomorrow and gear up for them today.
In this fast-paced & compelling keynote presentation, audiences will discover:
- The key trends that will shape the coming decade with a specific focus on the impacts of GENERATIVE AI, DATA ANALYTICS and SPATIAL COMPUTING.
- The role GEN Z will play in redefining industry norms and consumer expectations.
- The common CULTURE and MINDSET TRAPS that will set any organization on a collision course with obsolescence – and how to avoid them.
- PROVEN and PRACTICAL STRATEGIES for staying one step ahead of change and REMAINING RELEVANT.
Audience members will leave this presentation with a clear action plan for navigating disruption and emerging stronger than ever.
Preparing Now For What's Next is an ideal stand-alone conference keynote or an extended half or full day program.
Mastering the Art of Momentum
The secret to achieving effortless and enduring growth
We all love being on a roll, in the zone and firing on all cylinders – that flow-state sensation where everything just seems to work.
But what happens when the groove becomes a rut, inspiration evaporates or your mojo disappears?
Enduring success and growth for any business today is dependent on building and maintaining unstoppable momentum.
In this inspiring keynote presentation, audiences discover:
- The art and science of momentum – where momentum comes from and why it makes all the difference when you’ve got it working for you
- A practical and powerful formula for building momentum individually or in a team
- How to get into a flow state of peak productivity on a daily basis
- The role that focus and consistency play in ensuring a groove doesn’t become a rut over time
Audience members will leave this presentation with a clear action plan for achieving effortless growth and maintaining it over the long haul.
Mastering the Art of Momentum is an ideal stand-alone conference keynote or an extended half or full day program.
Teaching for Tomorrow
How to equip today's students for the future
Students in classrooms today will enter a world very different to the one their teachers and parents have known.
In light of the uncertainty that lies ahead, it is more important than ever that educators keep their finger on the pulse of technological and societal trends in order to help students prepare for them.
In this practical and highly relevant keynote presentation, audiences will learn:
- The key social and technology trends that will shape the future including artificial intelligence, robotics and automation
- The skills and competencies that young people will need in order to be future-fit
- Why and how education practices and paradigms must evolve in the coming years
- A range of proven and practical strategies for making classroom learning relevant to the next generation of learners
Audience members will leave this presentation with a clear action plan for engaging today’s students while equipping them for tomorrow.
Teaching for Tomorrow is an ideal stand-alone conference keynote or an extended half or full day program.
We’re told you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink.
But what if you could?
Having spent the past two decades helping Fortune 500 brands and leaders embrace the changes they’d rather fight or ignore, Michael McQueen understands what it takes to change even the most stubborn minds. But doing this is getting harder and harder.
Drawing on the latest discoveries in disciplines ranging from neuroscience to behavioral economics, Michael’s newest book Mindstuck offers ground-breaking insights into the psychology of stubbornness and helps readers rediscover the lost art of persuasion without resorting to coercion.
The New Now - Preparing for the 10 Trends that will dominate a post-COVID world
Times of crisis create great opportunity for those that are prepared. In the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, smart leaders recognise that now is the time to gear up for what comes next.
'The New Now' explores the 10 megatrends that will reshape our world, recast our economy and redefine everyday life in ways many of us can scarcely imagine.
"This thought-provoking book offers a lightning-bolt of inspiration for future-proofing any brand. Michael’s insights are super fresh and are the perfect jump start for strategic planning."
- Victoria Brown - Marketing Director, Swarovski
Exposing the 8 megatrends that will dominate the coming decade
What every leader, business and change-maker needs to know about the trends that will shape our world by 2030. Prepare yourself for changes that will redefine life in ways we can scarcely imagine.
Inside Towards 2030, you'll discover the 8 Megatrends that will radically change how we live, work and interact in the coming decade. You'll get a detailed, no-fluff breakdown of the progress and potential of each so you can prepare for what's to come.
The Battle for Hearts and Minds
12 Essentials for Winning in the Trust Economy
This white paper explores the latest research examining 12 practical and proven strategies for building the trust of consumers in an age of cynicism, skepticism and transparency.