Michael McQueen understands what it takes to thrive in a rapidly evolving world. Having dedicated the last ten years to tracking the dominant trends shaping society, business and culture, he has helped some of the world’s best-known brands navigate change and stay in front of the curve.
Michael has written 4 bestselling books. His first book The ‘New’ Rules of Engagement focuses on strategies for leading and connecting with Generation Y. His newest release Momentum is a revealing look at what happens when a business gets stuck in a rut and inspiration evaporates - and what can be done to turn it around.
As a speaker, Michael is known for his compelling, humorous and practical presentations. He provides audiences with powerful insights into what the future holds and how businesses and leaders can ride the waves of change rather than being engulfed by them. Michael’s sessions are highly tailored to ensure that every audience member leaves equipped with a clear action plan for maintaining relevance, vitality and momentum within their business or team.
In addition to being a regular commentator on TV and radio, Michael is a familiar face on the international conference circuit having shared the stage with the likes of Bill Gates, Whoopi Goldberg and Larry King.
Michael provided the perfect tonic for our conference. His presentation stimulated positive discussion amongst delegates and set the platform for a successful conference.
CEO, NSW Taxi Council
The best presentation I've seen! Michael's depth of knowledge and applicable stories were fantastic.
Marketing Manager, Pepsi
Michael's 'Winning the Battle for Relevance' theme was perfect for our audience and he set the scene and tone beautifully for the rest of the days program. The service from Michael and the team was outstanding, nothing was too much trouble.
We were privileged to have Michael McQueen present at our recent client events around the country. Michael’s captivating and thought-provoking sessions looked at the key trends and current shifts effecting business. Michael’s presentation style is dynamic, practical, engaging and humorous. He has certainly triggered some new thinking in our organization and I would highly recommend him to others."
CEO, Randstad Australia & New Zealand
An absolutely first class performance which we were then able to build on with the subsequent sessions which were more focused on our clients and our particular business challenges.
Partner - Allens
How to bullet-proof your business-model in turbulent times
Every business and industry today is facing a perfect storm of disruption and upheaval. In the face of the changes ahead, agility and adaptability will be more important than ever.
The future success and survival of your organization will rest on the ability to anticipate, prepare for and pre-empt disruption.
- The 4 FORMS that disruption will take in the coming decade
- The KEY TECHNOLOGY TRENDS that will shape the future including Artificial Intelligence, robotics and business automation
- The common CULTURE and MINDSET TRAPS that will set any organization on a collision course with obsolescence – and how to avoid them
- PROVEN and PRACTICAL STRATEGIES for staying one step ahead of change and REMAINING RELEVANT
The secret to achieving effortless and enduring growth
We all love being on a roll, in sync and firing on all cylinders – that flow-state sensation where everything just seems to work.
But what happens when the groove becomes a rut, inspiration evaporates or your mojo disappears?
Enduring success and growth for any business today is dependent on building and maintaining unstoppable momentum.
- The SCIENCE and ART of momentum – where it comes from and why it makes all the difference when you’ve got it working for you
- A PRACTICAL and POWERFUL FORMULA for building momentum individually or in a team
- How to get into a FLOW STATE of PEAK PRODUCTIVITY on a daily basis
- The role that FOCUS and CONSISTENCY play in ensuring a GROOVE doesn’t become a RUT over time
The essential guide to understanding and engaging the next generation
No organization or business can afford to ignore Millennials. In addition to being the largest generation in history, they possess over 30% of consumer spending power and make up half of the working population.
Having conducted one the world’s most extensive studies into the defining attitudes and values of Millennials, Michael McQueen has a unique insight into the next generation.
- The common MYTHS and MISCONCEPTIONS many leaders and businesses believe about Millennials (even if they don't know it)
- The CORE BELIEFS, MINDSETS and EXPECTATIONS of next-generation consumers and employees
- The secret to ENGAGING, PERSUADING and MOTIVATING Millennials
- A range of PROVEN and PRACTICAL STRATEGIES for being RELEVANT to a younger cohort
How to equip today’s students for the future
Students in classrooms today will enter a world very different to the one their teachers and parents have known.
In light of the uncertainty that lies ahead, it is more important than ever that educators keep their finger of the pulse of technological and societal trends in order to help students prepare for them.
- The key SOCIAL and TECHNOLOGY TRENDS that will shape the future including Artificial Intelligence, robotics and automation
- The SKILLS and COMPETENCIES that young people will need in order to be future-fit
- Why and how EDUCATION PRACTICES and PARADIGMS must evolve in the coming years
- A range of PROVEN and PRACTICAL STRATEGIES for making classroom learning RELEVANT to the next generation of learners
Why you need more “stoppers’ in your teamMarch 2nd 2018
You never hear job ads looking for people who can effect real change. Sure, there’s the ads seeking “ambitious go-getters”, or the old chestnut: “think outside the box”.
But that’s not really what they’re looking for.
Top 20 Trends ReportSeptember 26th 2017
This report draws on over a decade of trend forecasting to highlight the top 20 trends that will shape the next decade. Whether these trends become an existential threat or an exciting opportunity for your business will largely depend on your perspective and preparedness.
When it is working for you, momentum can be your biggest asset and your best friend. However, when you start to lose your mojo and get into a rut, turning things around requires a specific set of skills and understanding.
This simple and powerful book will show you how to build and keep unstoppable momentum in both business and life. You will discover the secrets of lasting growth and vitaliity while learning how smart individuals and organizastions stay on a roll and at the cutting edge.
Re-Invention eVideo Series
In this six-part eVideo series Michael McQueen outlines the re-invention roadmap - the path to successfully renewing your business in an age of rapid descent into irrelevancy.
Winning the Battle for Relevance
The last handful of years have seen something of an epidemic of extinction in the business community. Looking at business failures ranging from Borders to SAAB and even Kodak, brands and industries are quickly realising that business-as-usual is no longer enough. Peter Drucker's insight from a number of years ago is truer today than ever before: we must now run faster and faster just to stand still.
The ’New’ Rules of Engagement
A guide to understanding & connecting with Generation Y. This bestseller is invaluable for parents, teachers & employers who are challenged on a daily basis by Generation Y.